Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   New Twist on Online Reputation Management

Re: The Freewheeling Web's Privacy Noose
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2008-07-20 06:26:56
See Full Story

It's no secret that individual privacy has already suffered since the Internet era began, but privacy law expert Daniel Solove believes things are likely to get even worse -- much worse -- and he illustrates his vision in living color with a wealth of examples from the here and now. In The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet -- now available as a free download -- Solove begins his dark tale with the classic story of "dog poop girl," a young woman now famous for refusing to clean up after her dog on a South Korea subway train.

New Twist on Online Reputation Management
Posted by: SuperTrooper 2008-07-20 06:41:16 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Hi Katherine,

Great piece. As I was reading your story I started thinking about a new website that I came across recently that blurs many of the lines you discussed. It's called HumanBook (HumanBook.com) and it lets other people post information to my profile (as if they were me) through wiki technology. Here's the catch... the new website already has the personal information of 200 million people for others to connect with and comment on. I am sure that this new type of site will open many discussions about web privacy and reputation management.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.