Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Data Plan not so much.

Re: It's OK to Say No to the New iPhone
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2008-07-07 04:32:44
See Full Story

There are many things to admire about Apple, but like every company it has a dark side. One of the things I personally find more than annoying is the Apple fan base that will attack you if you honestly don't want to buy an Apple product and talk about your choice. But the thing to be concerned about, because Apple is a company that others now emulate, is its increasing habit of tricking you into paying more than you thought you paid for its products.

Your latest bit of nonsense
Posted by: Bill_Twyman 2008-07-07 21:20:32 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Poor old Rob.

The only way he can make a quid is to be a controversialist. Let's not indulge him.

My old Dad said, "Never argue with a mug!"

Pot vs. Kettle
Posted by: digdog1 2008-07-07 14:25:10 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Rob has established himself as an unrepentant Microsoft apologist -- yet he chides Apple for pushing crap at us that we don't need? Has he heard of a little thing called Windows Vista?

And by the way -- black/purple/stainless steel home decor... purple bride...three-wheeled motorcycle...AND a Slacker player?? Sounds like the iPhone is the ONLY thing this guy's ever said no to. If you're gonna try to guide people through the maze of technological choices, you might want to make a few good ones of your own first...

You get what you pay for...
Posted by: Tim Joyce 2008-07-07 08:01:52 In reply to: Rob Enderle
The suggestion that Apple or AT&T is being dishonest regarding the iPhone with their customer base is disappointing. People will usually pay more for superior products and services. Apple products are extraordinarily well manufactured and supported by the company.

The iPhone isn't perfect and we are all paying a reasonable premium to have the company improve it. Like it or not.

Data Plan not so much.
Posted by: willgonz 2008-07-07 07:18:36 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Everyone keeps saying how the data plan is going to be $10 more. To me is isn't that big of a deal. First of all, it will be twice as fast. Secondly, hopefully all this money AT&T gets from the iPhone users, they will expand their network. I have been with AT&T for 6 1/2 years. I like the fact that all I need to do to switch phones is to swap my SIM card into another phone. I have purchased 6 phones. All of them still work just fine and I transfer the SIM around. I got one for every purpose from going to the lake to the iPhone used for business.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.