Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: MMO Security: Are Players Getting Played?

Re: MMO Security: Are Players Getting Played?
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2007-11-28 14:17:55
See Full Story

The video gaming industry has seen huge growth over the past few years with the emergence of the massive multiplayer online model. These video games, examples of which include "World of Warcraft" and "Everquest II," allow thousands of players to interact simultaneously over the Internet in a persistent virtual world. Free multiplayer games abound on the Internet, but millions of hard-core players ultimately gravitate to the subscription-based wares. For instance, "World of Warcraft," the largest of these games, recently surpassed nine million subscribers worldwide.

Re: MMO Security: Are Players Getting Played?
Posted by: Ashley_B 2007-11-28 14:58:14 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
The situation is not as bad as it sounds. My account was stolen once, so let me share my experience with you. The only way hackers can make money in the games is to use someone's account. To break into one's account they need to know the name and the password. The only way to receive this information is to use keystroke loggers(software that intercepts all the keystrokes typed and sends it to the cyber-criminal). I.E. if you want to protect your game you need a good anti-keylogging protection. For me the simplest product is Anti-Keylogger(anti-keyloggers.com) as there is no need to update it and it gives a strong protection. If you want to be 1000% percent sure that no one will break into your account or have a paranoia:) make sure that you also have a good anti-virus and firewall installed. Good luck! See you in the Azeroth;)
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.