Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

 
ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What if they held a format war and nobody showed up?



Re: What if they held a format war and nobody showed up?
Posted by lkeppler on 2006-09-27 14:27:51
In reply to alecwest
I used to work for AKEI (American Kotobuki Electrical Industries)1986-1998 Yes 11 years. I am unaware of them making HD tv's. When I was working there it was tvs and vcr's built into one cabinet and I had found that after I had left (3 million sets latter) YES MILLIONS. I had heard they were putting dvd's in place of vcr's. This is all analog not digital. Also I'm not sure if they are shut down or not, the parking lot is always full. As far as WHY HD is not taking off as fast as it should, it's all price point. HD TV'S are still expensive. Tektronics (Beavereton Oregon) supplied all the HD controlers for all the TV studios and that was done by the end of 2000. So the only thing we are waiting for is the manufactures to lower the price to 40 point profit instead of a 400 point profit. At this point only the top 10% of wage earners can aford HD TV'S. IT still leaves 90% of the population stuck in analog.




 * Topic  Author  Date
Re: Sony CEO: Blu-ray Has Hollywood on Its Side  Jennifer LeClaire  2006-06-26 16:33:21
What if they held a format war and nobody showed up?  alecwest  2006-06-26 16:45:00
Re: What if they held a format war and nobody showed up?  lkeppler  2006-09-27 14:27:51
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]


* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

When considering an online-only dealer to purchase an automobile, which is most important to you?
30-day low price guarantee
Comprehensive and verifiable vehicle inspection policy
Extended warranty protection plan provided by the dealer
Full money back return policy with no questions asked for at least a week after delivery
The dealer has many outstanding reviews, and few or no complaints.
I would not consider buying a vehicle from an online-only dealer.