Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Man Who Invented Intermittent Wipers Dies

Re: Man Who Invented Intermittent Wipers Dies
Posted by: Anonymous 2005-03-01 11:45:12
See Full Story

Robert Kearns, the inventor of intermittent windshield wipers who won multimillion-dollar judgments against Ford and Chrysler for using his idea, has died. He was 77. Kearns, a onetime Wayne State University professor, received numerous patents in 1967 for his design for wipers that paused between swipes, making them useful in very light rain or mist. The invention allows the driver to set the interval at which the wiper sweeps the window.

Re: Man Who Invented Intermittent Wipers Dies
Posted by: DennisKearns 2005-03-02 22:17:32 In reply to: Anonymous
Thanks for your comments on my dad.
All he ever wanted was his 17 years of exclusivity, to make it himself and not compete against thieves.
He was acting as his own attorney because the lawfirm that started the suits FOR us in 1978, Harness Dickey & Pierce, was ruled by Judge Avern Cohn to have no conflict in their representation of Chrysler AGAINST Us?
He wouldn't do it different if he could do it again!
The basic patent #3,351,836 They didn't even steal the good stuff, and haven't changed it on your car since he conceived it in 1963, the week Kennedy was killed
http://wjz.dayport.com/launcher/6697/?tf=video_pla yer.tpl
http://kearns.org/robert
Jump to:
How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.