Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Parents Protest Student Computer ID Tags

Re: Parents Protest Student Computer ID Tags
Posted by: Lisa Leff 2005-02-10 09:33:58
See Full Story

The only grade school in the rural town of Sutter, California, is requiring students to wear radio frequency identification badges that can track their every move. Some parents are outraged, fearing it will take away their children's privacy. The badges introduced at Brittan Elementary School on Jan. 18 rely on the same radio frequency and scanner technology that companies use to track livestock and product inventory. Similar devices have recently been used to monitor youngsters in some parts of Japan.

Re: Parents Protest Student Computer ID Tags
Posted by: melwilson 2005-02-10 09:36:20 In reply to: Lisa Leff
Where can I find out where to write to protest what is going on at this school? My son is in junior high and I do not agree with this. Please forward the information to me at melaney_wilson@yahoo.com
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.