Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Plasma or Liquid Crystal: TV Makers Bracing for Shakeout

Re: Plasma or Liquid Crystal: TV Makers Bracing for Shakeout
Posted by: Anonymous 2005-01-01 05:03:17
See Full Story

Major Japanese electronics makers are maneuvering to survive a shakeout expected over the coming years in the fast-growing flat-screen television market. Sales of flat-screen TVs, including liquid crystal display TVs and plasma display panel TVs, grew rapidly in Japan this year, buoyed by strong demand created by the Summer Olympic Games in Athens in August. The Olympic bonanza came as an added boost after annual sales of flat-screen TVs in Japan last year exceeded those of bulky TV sets using glass tubes for the first time.

Re: Plasma or Liquid Crystal: TV Makers Bracing for Shakeout
Posted by: farmerbob 2005-01-01 05:09:51 In reply to: Anonymous
I went to buy a flat screen and was told to wait. Wait for what? Well I was lusting for a DLP unit until I was shown this years Sony LCD. WOW! What a difference. And wait until next fall when they release a 70" model.
Hopefully they'll start producing LED screens now that they have the Cobalt Diode. From all reports the screens will be huge and inexpensive. Hmmm, maybe that's why they aren't out yet. Nothing like shutting down all the competition.
Jump to:
Which product review rating most influences your decision to make a purchase?
5 Stars - I want to learn why others think the product is awesome.
4 Stars - I want to know what's liked, along with minor flaws.
3 Stars - I want to find out why the product is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why others find the defects to outweigh the benefits.
1 Star - I want to know why others think the product awful.