Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Advertisers Getting into the Game - Literally

Re: Advertisers Getting into the Game - Literally
Posted by: Brian R. Hook 2004-11-23 07:20:15
See Full Story

With more and more young people turning to video games for entertainment instead of watching television, advertisers are looking for creative ways to reach out to this growing demographic. One of the newest techniques is to place advertisements directly into video games -- a practice that's rare right now, but could become common in the not-too-distant future.

Re: Advertisers Getting into the Game - Literally
Posted by: grfxboy 2004-11-23 07:38:31 In reply to: Brian R. Hook
Ads better not appear in my games. Subtle product placement is one thing: it adds to the reality of the game environment. But I am not paying $55 to look at someone's ads. The equation is simple: the more someone pays for something, the less they want to see ads. The survey that was taken is not scientific and is not useful: I assure you that it was only the younger part of those polled that answered positively to the ads appearing in their games, because they had someone buy the game for them. I predict a huge negative reaction to ads in games, if there is anything more than product placement showing up in video games.
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.