Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Tech Company Standouts for Giving Veterans Their Due

Re: Tech Company Standouts for Giving Veterans Their Due
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2019-11-13 00:20:04
See Full Story

Today is Veterans Day. I got a note last week from Joe Sestak, a presidential candidate, reminding me that we should observe a moment of silence in recognition of our veterans today. We've asked these people to put their lives on the line for us, and we get a day to offer our thanks. Giving our thanks is the least we can do. So, today, make it a point to thank someone who wears or wore the uniform. For those of you both in uniform and out who protected this still-young republic, from my heart: Thank you for your service.

Re: Tech Company Standouts for Giving Veterans Their Due
Posted by: mod 2019-11-13 00:29:47 In reply to: Rob Enderle
The way this country treats its veterans is beyond shameful. It's been that way for ages. Of course, the way we send servicemen and women into harm's way on totally bogus missions in the first place is also shameful. Your views on that, of course, may depend on your political affiliation and/or your direct experience in military matters. I feel strongly that we should reinstate the draft, so that EVERYONE either serves in the military or, alternatively, in some form of community service. If more elected officials had skin (and their own children) in the game, then perhaps we'd have fewer unjustifiable wars AND we'd also provide our war veterans with the compassion, respect and resources they deserve. Thanks to Rob for his salute to Cisco and IBM, and let's hope other companies also step up to fill the void.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.