Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What's Wrong With Apple?

Re: What's Wrong With Apple?
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2019-09-17 05:39:09
See Full Story

Apple held its huge product announcement event last week, and what once had people besides themselves with excitement has become a near pointless program of copied features and missed expectations. It is a shame to watch -- much like it was when Apple fired Steve Jobs. It appears that the firm has forgotten what Steve did to turn Apple into a unique company. As it drifts to becoming just another tech firm, I'd like to revisit what Apple was when people anticipated launches like this as potential life-changing events.

Re: What's Wrong With Apple?
Posted by: borisaman 2019-09-17 05:42:37 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Apple used to be good, still over prices, but much better. I still have a Mac mini from 2011 which is now a media/file server (i have switched to linux for my main desktop). 2010 Macbook still going strong running Mojave. I have the mirrored door G4, still running 10.5.8. The point is the equipment was easier to upgrade, easier to open and change stuff. Now just like lots of other things, total corporate control and they dont want you fixing anything! To be honest, Apple was interesting, now its boring. I dont care about stupid apple watches, apple tv programs, silly games etc.. I want a real decent reliable computer that can be upgraded. Its one of the reasons of my switching to Linux Mint. There is no innovation anymore, its just lawyers and copying
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.