Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
salesforce commerce cloud
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Amazon Is Just the Tip of the AI Bias Iceberg

Re: Amazon Is Just the Tip of the AI Bias Iceberg
Posted by: Arran James Stewart 2018-11-18 21:02:30
See Full Story

Amazon recently disclosed its 2015 decision to scrap a recruitment tool used to hire talent, after finding that it had a bias against women. While this story has been covered sufficiently, there is a much greater story still to tell: A substantial amount of the artificial intelligence technology that currently is used for recruitment and human resources purposes has been acting independently, without any form of regulation, for some time. Before exploring this, it will be helpful to understand why this happened with Amazon's software.

Re: Amazon Is Just the Tip of the AI Bias Iceberg
Posted by: ROLWIRE 2018-12-04 07:55:45 In reply to: Arran James Stewart
Oh, it's a good reason to do that by Amazon. At least my two daughters will be hired. lol.
Roland
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Would you move to a tech hub like San Francisco or Seattle if you were offered a high-paying, career-building job?
Absolutely. I already live in a tech center and I enjoy being where the action is.
No. I live in (or have lived in) a tech-forward city, and I'd rather live elsewhere.
I'd be tempted, but I'm worried about the cost of living.
I doubt it, as I don't like the reputation for decadence in those cities.
I would if I didn't have so many ties where I currently live.
Why bother? With telecommuting you can live and work anywhere.