Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Smart Homes: The Power, the Pleasure and the Pain

Re: Smart Homes: The Power, the Pleasure and the Pain
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2018-03-28 06:08:43
See Full Story

You've seen the ad: A family is vacationing out of town and the parents suddenly wonder if the house is locked up properly. They use their smartphone to remotely activate the smart locks and security system. Or this one: Someone rings the doorbell or merely approaches a home, and the homeowner uses a smartphone to speak through the video doorbell system, even when not at home, perhaps bewildering the visitor -- or potential intruder -- who can't tell where the voice is coming from. This picture has a dark side, though.

Re: Smart Homes: The Power, the Pleasure and the Pain
Posted by: borisaman 2018-03-28 06:10:18 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Funny how any product with the word "Smart" in front of it does not tend to be good for the people. I dont trust the corporations that make these products, and there is no way I would have it controlling my home. Have you not seen that episode of Mr Robot when they take control of the smart home lol
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.