Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What Is Verizon Promising With Its New Oath?

Re: What Is Verizon Promising With Its New Oath?
Posted by: David Jones 2017-04-06 03:13:01
See Full Story

Verizon on Monday confirmed reports that it will rebrand its AOL and Yahoo businesses under a new entity called "Oath." AOL CEO Tim Armstrong delivered the message via a tweet. The rebranding is part of a plan to reinvest millions into the legacy digital content companies with the aim of creating a major new platform. The "Yahoo" and "AOL" names will not disappear, but their operations will continue under the overarching Oath brand, Armstrong later said in CNBC and Fox Business interviews.

Re: What Is Verizon Promising With Its New Oath?
Posted by: jescott418 2017-04-06 03:19:52 In reply to: David Jones
This just sounds like more of a mess than a solution to anything. So take two aging portals AOL and Yahoo which by themselves failed. Put them together in a rebranded group called Oath which has yet to be explained what Oath means? At least in terms of this branding. I don't see how this does anything to improve the image of either two dinosaurs or gives hope that they will re incarnate themselves into something viable. I just listen to Armstrong and thought to myself. This guy doesn't have a clue, he is just believing his own words which seem to not address the reality of the situation. What a mess!
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.