Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Traversing the Social Media Minefield

Re: Traversing the Social Media Minefield
Posted by: Quinten Plummer 2016-12-09 13:01:35
See Full Story

Mainly because of the amount of money they bring in, many people expect celebrities and other prominent figures to have thicker skins than the average Jane or Joe. However -- as evidenced by the numbers of celebrities who've forsaken social media -- fame and fortune are not effective defenses against an all-out assault by faceless trolls. Saturday Night Live cast member Leslie Jones temporarily unplugged her Twitter account after being bombarded by racist and sexist attacks. Girls star Lena Dunham quit Twitter due to abuse.

Re: Traversing the Social Media Minefield
Posted by: jescott418 2016-12-09 13:08:11 In reply to: Quinten Plummer
The problem with celebrities is that they are surrounded by people who put them on a pedestal. When they branch out into the real world they are taken back by anyone who doesn't drink what they are serving. It's this isolation that prevents them from knowing what's really going on. They only wish to receive praise not negative feedback. There are some celebrities that actually live outside their sheltered life of stardom. They volunteer, the contribute to society in the most sincere way. They rest belong to a club of self fulfilling people who only want filtered lives void of anything else.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.