Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: HP Chromebook 13 Wins High Praise - for a Chromebook

Re: HP Chromebook 13 Wins High Praise - for a Chromebook
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-05-02 14:12:22
See Full Story

HP and Google last week unveiled the HP Chromebook 13. Designed with input from customers on what they want in a next-generation Chromebook, the device is about 13 mm thick, weighs 2.8 pounds, has a brushed anodized aluminum chassis, and is the first Chromebook to use Intel's sixth-generation Core M processors. It has a USB C port, and HP offers a USB-C docking station as an option at $145. The docking station lets users hook up the Chromebook 13 to dual high-definition displays, full-sized keyboards and wired networks.

Posted by: jescott418 2016-05-03 02:37:53 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I have nothing against Chrome devices. I have a Chromebox at home hooked to an older monitor. Works great at what it does, but it's not my primary device. In fact this is the problem with Chrome OS. It really does not require expensive hardware to run it. Which I thought was the original ideal in the first place? The Pixel was another mess, it was like installing a Corvette engine in a econobox. What HP is trying to do, is not improve the Chrome user experience, but rather make money on better margin hardware. These PC companies see the benefit of installing Chrome OS because it's free and that helps out margins. I get that some like a nice laptop that's attractive and functional. But Chrome OS still has some serious limitations and is stuck in a Google world. Comparing them to a Mac or a PC is utterly ridiculous. The low market share proves they cannot attract users because they cannot do many of the things Windows and OS X can. Adding better hardware doesn't fix this.

Posted by: CajunMoses 2016-05-02 18:52:14 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
The author obviously has an personal vendetta against Chrome OS and takes it out on this product with one disparaging snipe after another. Regrettably, this product review reads like an editorial. If people are happy using Chrome OS -- and more and more people and businesses are -- just let them use it. It's much simpler, reliable, and pain-free than whatever they were using before. And what's wrong with saving a few bucks?
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.