Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft Curbs Cortana in Windows 10

Re: Microsoft Curbs Cortana in Windows 10
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-04-30 10:52:58
See Full Story

Microsoft on Thursday announced that it was restricting its Cortana digital assistant to operating with the Edge browser and Bing search engine in Windows 10. "As Windows 10 has grown in adoption and usage, we have seen some software programs circumvent [its] design and redirect you to search providers that were not designed to work with Cortana," said Ryan Gavin, Microsoft's general manager of search and Cortana. "The result is a compromised experience that is less reliable and predictable."

Posted by: jescott418 2016-04-30 15:58:56 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I see this as a advantage to those who use these apps and services and not an issue for those who choose to use something else. Compared to an Chrome OS, or Android, or IOS which has it's own share of dedicated apps and services. I not sure why we should pick on Microsoft? Personally, I have had little use for Google Now, Siri, or Cortana. I have enough ability to manually do my research without a so called personal assistant.
I like Windows 10 as an OS but beyond that I am not interested in much Microsoft is doing of late.

Posted by: timbosta 2016-04-30 11:06:48 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I find it difficult to understand why both major platforms have deemed it necessary to convolute the interactive process by ascribing an artificial consciousness to the machine as a 'digital assistant'...part of the satisfaction of research is the personal nature of the investigative process. I don't really want it diluted by a fake persona advising me where to look... I don't need it... just give me the results of my questions dispassionately and plainly....
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.