Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: 2017 iPhone May Be a Glass Act

Re: 2017 iPhone May Be a Glass Act
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-04-21 12:13:26
See Full Story

Apple has been developing a glass casing for a new iPhone with an AMOLED display to be unveiled in 2017, Ming-Chi Kuo, an analyst at KGI Securities, reportedly said this week in a note to investors. That would mark a return to the design of the iPhone 4 and 4s, both of which had glass cases. The use of the AMOLED screen will offset the heavier weight of a glass back for the device. No more than 40 percent of iPhones will be made with aluminum bodies once the glass device is launched, Kuo predicted.

Re: 2017 iPhone May Be a Glass Act
Posted by: jescott418 2016-04-23 02:52:02 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Apple has always been focused more on design than on durability. Why else would you build notebooks with thin aluminum chassis? I have a iPhone 5C with a plastic case and it looks better after two years than any other iPhone model. Glass might be more scratch resistant but it cracks, and is damaged significantly when dropped. Who hasn't dropped their phone a few times? Well, it get's you to buy a protective case I guess. Apple to me is desperate for someone with real innovation these days. They now just recycle old ideals and call them new.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.