Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Detroit's Stupid Plan to Kill Tesla

Re: Detroit's Stupid Plan to Kill Tesla
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2014-10-27 08:04:22
See Full Story

In watching the illicit attempts of dealers and U.S. auto companies to try to kill Tesla, I have to think they are all wrongheaded. I don't drive a Tesla, but this kind of thing makes me really mad because it is so incredibly stupid. Tesla is as much an idea as it is a company -- and an idea that should be flowing through the car industry anyway, because the world is changing. The way we buy most things is changing, and firms that try to fight waves like this typically find themselves out of business.

Posted by: crankypaul 2014-10-27 10:33:41 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Let us not forget when General Motors purportedly killed off the trolley and rail systems. I'm not a fan of Tesla for reasons, but I don't think the Detroit ham-fisted method works well under any circumstances. No, I don't see Detroit going out of business over this, but the protection they are insisting on for their distribution is questionable. I am in a business that doesn't protect anything and I am watching products that I offer being sold at prices below what I am paying. I understand the structure and I have to live with it or else I need to find other widgets to sell.

Posted by: Fetrow 2014-10-28 01:29:33 In reply to: crankypaul
It wasn't GM that killed off the street trollies, it was Firestone.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.