Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: FBI Director Comey Gives Apple and Google a Tongue-Lashing

Re: FBI Director Comey Gives Apple and Google a Tongue-Lashing
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2014-09-27 08:21:46
See Full Story

FBI Director James Comey on Thursday strongly criticized Apple and Google for hardening information stored in smartphones by encrypting data, making it inaccessible to law enforcement even with a court order. The FBI has had conversations with both Apple and Google over the encryption features, Comey told reporters at a media session in Washington, D.C., although he personally was not involved in those talks. The talks are ongoing, with the FBI aiming to get a better understanding of the companies' points of view.

Re: FBI Director Comey Gives Apple and Google a Tongue-Lashing
Posted by: Llewen 2014-09-28 17:52:55 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
The problem is the United States, and its agencies, have serious credibility issues, both inside and outside of their own nation - constitutional violations, spying on their allies, illegally obtained private information with no recourse to ensure that that data is ever destroyed, wrongful convictions which in spite of overwhelming evidence are almost impossible to overturn and prosecutors that refuse to accept that overwhelming evidence, a legal system where politics and perception are more important than the rule of law and justice.

I'm personally not in favour of terrorists and pedophiles being able to communicate securely without fear of their data being accessed by authorities, but I'm even more in favour of authorities that respect their own constitutions, basic human rights, and who respect their allies, and their allies citizens.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.