Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Dark Side of Apple Design: From Antennagate to Bendgate

Re: The Dark Side of Apple Design: From Antennagate to Bendgate
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2014-09-25 09:24:36
See Full Story

When Apple -- which is clearly one of the world's best companies at design -- makes a misstep, it's amplified by a wild combination of user dismay and hater glee. Because there are millions of users and many haters, a design flaw can turn into an instant public relations tornado. Enter Bendgate, featuring the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Reports have hit the Internet that some iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users had managed to bend their thin, shiny new iPhones while wearing something as rare as a pair of jeans and putting the iPhone inside a front pocket.

Posted by: scarshi 2014-09-26 17:31:12 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I can bend any of today's smartphones with my fingers when it isn't in a case. I can damage the screen with anything if it doesn't have a screen protector.

If people aren't putting something on their device to protect it, they are masters of their own destruction. If it doesn't fit in a pocket with a case on, its too big. Get a holster or get a bag to carry it.

Posted by: rogerowens 2014-09-25 20:00:53 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I'm sorry, Chris, I totally disagree! You don't carry many things in your pocket that will break, you know, like glass objects and ball point pens.

So you expect Apple to make devices that defy the laws of physics? People wanted big and thin. Deal with it! It's not a Zippo lighter; it's a marvelous, expensive, and by definition, fragile invention that 99.9999% of your readers wouldn't have the faintest idea how to create—but they all know better!

You have to know that once a phone (anything, for that matter) gets to be a certain size, that it will be at least uncomfortable, if not bend, in your jeans pocket. It's a matter of physics. I'm sure that reinforcement ribs in a device this thin, cannot be strong enough to protect an iPhone 6+ from bending. My 5S is uncomfortable in my pocket, so 99% of the time, I carry it in a holster. It's just common sense to take care of a $600+ prized possession,

Readers, if you can't do better, then, please shut up!
And Chris, please stop using the tired, worn out "gate" headlines. You're smarter than that.

Posted by: Thor_Air 2014-10-03 00:18:39 In reply to: rogerowens
I think you miss point. The new iphone, is fragile compared to market standards, and I do not think that I need the capabilities to make my own smartphone to critize a smartphone, that is far below average in bending durability than the market standard.

Posted by: ama-at 2014-09-26 16:31:55 In reply to: rogerowens
Who is this stupidest person?

Posted by: Alann 2014-09-25 09:55:01 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
"Or maybe the effort to design a cool object has resulted in an over-engineered thing of beauty..."

I would say the opposite: The result of overemphasis on design resulted in an UNDER-engineered product. I think St. Ive has some explaining to do. Fast.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.