Get the most out of your email and SMS marketing with Drip » Free Trial
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Comcast Really Does Hate Its Customers

Re: Comcast Really Does Hate Its Customers
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2014-08-25 12:58:31
See Full Story

We were treated to the customer support call from hell earlier this month when a couple of well-connected bloggers taped their call to Comcast attempting to disconnect from the service and posted it online. Apparently there has been a sequel. The clear lesson from both calls -- particularly the second -- is that if you talk to Comcast support you need to record the call if you don't want to get screwed. With Comcast having been designated as "the worst company in America," I'm sharing my tale, because what happened to me could happen to you.

Posted by: amymedeiros 2016-04-05 11:15:17 In reply to: Rob Enderle
It is really frustrating that these strategies are part of their customer service retention and tactics.

Posted by: emorphy 2014-08-27 08:13:55 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Rob I shamefacedly went with their business services. It is a two-year contract which makes me very nervous and it is highly annoying to pay extra for the assurance that my service will in fact work but there you have it. I work from my home so I felt it was necessary. So far so good with the business service version but given this is Comcast let's wait and see. I've only been using it since May.

Posted by: Kevin42 2014-08-27 01:46:09 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I can confirm this. When the "repair" tech came, there was a trap with a red plastic tag on it in the box. Not surprisingly, my internet started working as soon as he removed it and screwed the cable back on.

The original CS rep even told me it was off because it was noisy.

I complained quite a bit and the CS rep said they never did this to customers that paid their bills on-time as I do. Ended up with all sorts of credits and free for a while services.

Left a really bad feeling since I was down for 4 days over a weekend.

Posted by: Jaspercat 2015-01-15 11:04:48 In reply to: Kevin42
Agree,comcast pulled up one day guy got out kicked green box in yard several times till it opens and cut cables left and right .took days to get fixed no explanation.,another time I added a service and guy drilled hole in exterior wall right under elect. meter 500 elect damage had to hire elect. To fix took 3 months for comcast to reimburse. Another time comcast guy was in the attic,slipped one leg came into bedroom.
Don't know why I'm still paying 340 monthly for,such a crapy company. Guess I'm too scared to switch to AT&T or dish.
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.