Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Iceland: Where Citizens Govern via Facebook

Re: Iceland: Where Citizens Govern via Facebook
Posted by: David Vranicar 2012-10-27 20:31:18
See Full Story

Iceland recently drafted a new constitution, a noteworthy event for two reasons: first, because new constitutions aren't all that common and second, because citizens were invited to participate via social networking sites. While not Iceland's most pure example of crowdsourcing, the constitutional update made extensive use of public input. In fact, Iceland has responded to the current financial crisis -- which hit the small nation hard -- by inviting the public to take part in a number of initiatives to improve government.

Re: Iceland: Where Citizens Govern via Facebook
Posted by: Daniel2012 2012-10-27 20:44:56 In reply to: David Vranicar
I hope this will be the future of all humanity
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.