Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold

Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold
Posted by: Peter Suciu 2012-10-12 15:49:05
See Full Story

With Microsoft's next-generation Windows 8 operating system set to launch later this month, Dell on Friday announced new computers that will support it: the Dell XPS 12 convertible laptop, the Dell XPS One 27 all-in-one desktop, and the Dell Inspiron One 23 all-in-one. "Dell and Microsoft have strived to make technology more accessible and intuitive for more than two decades, and the introduction of new Dell PCs and Windows 8 software is another important milestone in this journey," said Sam Burd, vice president of the PC product group at Dell.

Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold
Posted by: jescott418 2012-10-14 19:07:50 In reply to: Peter Suciu
The sad part about this whole touch screen problem on PC's. Is that nobody really wants it. Steve Jobs said a long time ago that nobody wants to reach across their desk to touch a screen on a monitor. Neither do those users want to touch their laptop screens. Who wants a smudgy screen? The function of a touchpad or other input device like a mouse works better. Microsoft is creating a feature that nobody has ask for. I feel sorry for Dell who is falling for the mess called Windows 8.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.