Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Does Green Matter to You?

Re: Does Green Matter to You?
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2009-09-07 08:38:21
See Full Story

I'm at IFA as I write this, and in Europe, green clearly does matter. Here, they even have a viable Green Party, but in the U.S., I sometimes wonder whether we care. This was showcased in a presentation in which Sony ranked geographical areas in terms of the importance of green, and the U.S. came in last. This week I thought I'd list the green efforts of four vendors, each of which has green initiatives, and ask you the question: Which approach matters to you?

Green perceptions
Posted by: ljlynch 2009-09-07 09:15:30 In reply to: Rob Enderle
If you had asked me which company was making a bigger effort to be green, I would have definitely answered HP. They were focused on being green before it was trendy to do so.

That said, I suspect most people appreciate green more when it saves them money than when you are talking about things like recycling and eliminating hazardous materials from products. That, along with the fact that companies like Apple went from non green to green(?) after it became trendy, may well explain people's perceptions.

Thanks for the comments
Posted by: RobEnderle 2009-09-07 17:55:39 In reply to: ljlynch
I think that is true for most, thanks for the comment!
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.