Instantly delete email threats with 365 Threat Monitor » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Google Offers Testers a Sip of Caffeine

Re: Google Offers Testers a Sip of Caffeine
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-08-11 12:08:25
See Full Story

As if its widely acknowledged dominance of the U.S. search engine market is not enough, Google on Tuesday revealed that it's working on a next-generation architecture for Web search. The formerly secret project, code-named "Caffeine," is the first step in a process to improve the search engine in various areas, including indexing speed, accuracy and comprehensiveness, Google said. Google has posted a request on its Webmaster Central blog asking visitors to test the Web dev preview and provide feedback.

Sweet
Posted by: Runaway1956 2009-08-12 08:58:37 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I just found it, did a couple searches - haven't played enough to really see that it's better or not. But, it's sweet all the same. It is good to know that despite Google branching out into other areas (browsers, operating systems, their own datacenter designs and more) Google is STILL working to improve their search engine.

Oh yeah - what the hell is a bing? One of the stupidest names that Microsoft has come up with - and they have had some real losers!! I got your BING, MS!!

Nice...
Posted by: DylanCombs 2009-08-11 12:16:31 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Good luck google!
Jump to:
Should businesses and organizations require staff to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before physically coming to work?
Yes -- At this point it makes good sense and will help stop the spread of the virus.
No -- It sets a bad precedent against personal privacy and civil liberties.
I'm Not Sure -- There are valid arguments for and against vaccine requirements.