Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Mobile Devices Help Chart the Future of Marine Navigation

Re: Mobile Devices Help Chart the Future of Marine Navigation
Posted by Vivian Wagner on 2016-12-02 17:40:53
See Full Story

Daniel Collins, an avid sailor and sailing instructor, has traveled solo across the Gulf of Mexico and up the Eastern Seaboard of the U.S. to Nova Scotia, using only his iPhone and iPad for navigation. He's part of a new breed of boaters who use tablets and smartphones in addition to -- and sometimes in lieu of -- traditional onboard electronic navigation and chartplotting systems. "My experience is that the mobile devices these days, in particular Apple products, offer a balance of reliability, usefulness, and performance," Collins said.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Mobile Devices Help Chart the Future of Marine Navigation  Vivian Wagner  2016-12-02 17:40:53
Re: Mobile Devices Help Chart the Future of Marine Navigation  lrak  2016-12-02 17:47:37
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.