Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
salesforce commerce cloud
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: IBM Makes Siri Wait Outside

Re: IBM Makes Siri Wait Outside
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2017-12-10 09:10:07
See Full Story

Enterprises are grappling with the growing trend of employees bringing their own devices for use at work and the security and other issues that gives rise to. However, IBM has implemented a simple solution: Prevent the use of certain apps on employees' mobile devices in the workplace. The company disables Siri, the voice-activated personal assistant, on employees' iPhones, as well as Apple's iCloud, and bans public file transfer services such as Dropbox, IBM CIO Jeanette Horan reportedly told the MIT Technology Review.

Re: IBM Makes Siri Wait Outside
Posted by: lillywallies 2017-12-10 09:10:33 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
We, humans, are the most advanced animals in the world. It is easy for us to say that for a computer, it is much harder to understand people. Because the computer understands only one and zero. The rest do not understand. Then how do different voices assistants answer us?
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Content Marketing on ALL EC
Does it matter to you if products you purchase are manufactured in another country?
Yes, and I will pay more for a domestically produced product.
Yes, but my shopping decisions won't change anything, so I do what's best for me.
I care, but it's impossible to keep track of where everything is made.
I want the best quality and price, regardless of country of origin.
It depends on the country. Some are OK, some aren't.
It depends on the company. I'll buy from a reputable non-domestic brand.