Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The iPad Has Landed: Should You Roll Out Your Web Site's Welcome Mat?

See Full Story

Apple recently cited a handful of iPad-friendly Web sites -- a small list that includes CNN, Reuters, the New York Times, Vimeo and the White House. With the iPad buzz having reached dizzying heights, it is safe to assume that most everyone who has a Web site is at least thinking about how to render it iPad-friendly as well. It may be surprising to some that it can be done in one afternoon, depending on the complexity of the site. However, if a site requires significant investment to retool it for the iPad, it might be a good idea to wait a while.

Does the technology really matter?
Posted by: Bierbaum 2010-04-05 13:47:48 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Excluding Flash among other plug-ins is clearly going to be a short-term issue for the iPad and good news to competitors and vendors. However, I personally think an open standard (HTML5) is better than proprietary technology in the long run. Go Apple.

The real success of the iPad lies with the content (apps). I recently wrote a post on this for marketers. Let me know what you think.

http://www.priorityresults.com/blog/what-do-the-ipad-html-5-and-flash-have-in-common/
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.