Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   "Inconvenient?"

Re: Do You Believe in iPads?
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-03-17 10:02:23
See Full Story

Apple shares took a hit Monday, getting pounded down to $220.35 before recovering back up to $224.55 at close Tuesday. One of the big questions AAPL investors seem to be asking themselves right now is how much faith they have in the iPad. For his part, Brian Marshall of Broadpoint Amtech seems to be among the optimists. "I'm raising my estimate for calendar year 2010 sales of the iPad from 2.2 million units to four million," he told MacNewsWorld. "My estimated earnings per share level for calendar year 2010 is now $12.75, up from $12."

Boom or Bust? Bust..
Posted by: techview 2010-03-17 10:52:39 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
The whole industry knows well that an iPad would be inconvenient and uncomfortable to use, not to mention overpriced.

Despite all the hype and marketing, consumers are unlikely to adopt the iPad as a replacement for their smartphone or laptop.

"Inconvenient?"
Posted by: dewasa 2010-03-18 10:51:51 In reply to: techview
While it's probably true that most users would likely see the iPad as an adjunct rather than replacement for their computers, the device looks to be anything but "inconvenient" and "uncomfortable" to use.

It seems to me that its thinness, low weight, multi-mode wireless connectivity, screen size, instant-on, no hinge, all-orientation viewing, and wide angle IPS-based LCD screen will make it more convenient and comfortable than *any* other device on the market.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.