Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   good points

Re: Get Ready for Apple to Murder the Status Quo One More Time
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2010-02-16 05:41:38
See Full Story

As near as I can tell, Apple is the ultimate tech industry disrupter. In recent memory, Apple's iPhone put applications in the hands of millions of consumers, wrenched a good measure of control out of cold grip of cellular service providers, and sparked a fire of touchscreen smartphone competitors. Before the iPhone's multi-touch, sure, there were touchscreens, but the dominant pundit discourse put the need for a physical keyboard high on the list of smartphone success factors -- but it turns out you don't really need one to succeed.

exacty..
Posted by: TheFirst 2010-03-14 23:17:53 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
This is exactly why im getting into iphone/ipad app development. With the release of the ipad, apps will have more to work with, and I have some ver good ideas that me and my sister are going to put onto the app store, aimed for ipads specifically. I cant wait for the release of the ipad, even though I wont be using one past testing my apps, haha..

Give Me-A-Break
Posted by: Sine-Nomine 2010-02-17 09:30:13 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Geez, who are you Steve Jobs brother?

good points
Posted by: mw33 2010-02-16 06:20:05 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Chris - nice write up. Might also consider how the ipad could become the default touch-screen interface for a broad spectrum of tech devices that currently have poorly designed and difficult to use physical interfaces e.g. security systems, audio/stereo/recording equipment, manufacturing control systems, etc. Rather than each of these devices including their own expensive touch-interface, an interfacing application for the ipad could be written to serve the purpose.....
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.