ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   iPhone in China

Re: The iPhone as Teacher's Pet, Investor's Moneymaker, Android's Target
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-05-13 06:18:27
See Full Story

Shipments of Android smartphones will grow faster than iPhone sales this year, according to research firm Strategy Analytics. However, Apple will still remain king of the smartphone hill, and analysts -- namely Kaufman Bros.' Shaw Wu and Susquehana Financial's Jeff Fidacaro -- are rating it a "buy." Small wonder -- corporations see iPhone apps as a new way to market their products. Drawn by the possibilities, investors have pumped funds into surrounding startups, including one that serves up ads within iPhone apps -- and Android apps as well.

iPhone in China
Posted by: idannyb 2009-05-13 06:37:57 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Your article states that "CEO Tim Cook announced at the company's second-quarter earnings conference in April that it will bring the iPhone to China by next year." That implies 2010. I think that will prove to be wrong. We could have an iPhone in China announcement this coming Sunday, May 17 (World Telecom Day). If not Sunday, then the Apple/China Unicom deal will likely be announced on June 9 (WWDC Keynote). The official iPhone in China will likely launch by mid to late summer 2009.

By the way Tim Cook did not say "by next year" ... He said "within the next year." Here is the direct Tim Cook quote:
“We now have the four “BIRC” countries – Brazil, Russia, India and China, we have three of those up (not yet PRC) and we have 8,000 storefronts in those three selling the iPhone, so we feel very good about that and we’re putting a lot of energy in growing those. China we are not in yet. We would like to be in China within the next year (i.e. anytime within the next 12 months) and we’re clearly working on that. But I’ve got nothing specific to announce today on it (iPhone deals in China).”

Dan B
iPhonAsia
http://idannyb.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/preempting-fud-re-iphone-in-china-from-china-tech-news/
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.