Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Rolls In With Record-Breaking Q2

Re: Apple Rolls In With Record-Breaking Q2
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-04-24 00:03:19
See Full Story

Once again, Apple topped analysts' expectations as it disclosed its second fiscal quarter financial results after the markets closed on Wednesday. In a bid to push more analysts to review the way they calculate its earnings, Apple posted non-GAAP figures in addition to the normal GAAP figures. While overall sales were down from the company's first first quarter -- as expected, since Apple traditionally does best during the holiday season -- Q2 was, revenue-wise, the best non-holiday quarter in the company's history.

Enderley
Posted by: melgross 2009-04-24 00:08:50 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Why does anyone quote him? He's almost never right, and puts spin on whatever he says.

He dislikes Apple for some reason, so that even when he is saying something good, he smacks it.

He forgets that Microsoft is also known for giving very conservative numbers so that they will consistently beat them. It didn't work this time, as they did so poorly for the first time with dropping sales and profits.

He could have mentioned them, but they've been a customer of his so he wouldn't.

At least when quoting someone, quote someone who is reputable.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.