Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: AT&T Takes on 2,000 Temps to Manage iPhone Madness

Re: AT&T Takes on 2,000 Temps to Manage iPhone Madness
Posted by: Fred J. Aun 2007-06-22 12:10:24
See Full Story

AT&T is the biggest wireless provider in the United States, but it's feeling the need to get even bigger as June 29 approaches. That's the day it and Apple will begin selling the iPhone. Expecting an onslaught of iPhone orders, AT&T is beefing up the ranks of its stores. It recently hired about 2,000 extra summer workers, according to company spokesperson Mark Seigel. The company has 1,800 stores, and its wireless division employs about 58,000, he said.

Re: AT&T Takes on 2,000 Temps to Manage iPhone Madness
Posted by: JimmyJackFunk 2007-06-22 12:15:12 In reply to: Fred J. Aun
Does anybody else think that this is a marketing ploy by Apple? I'm still not convinced enough by what I've seen to want to shell out all that money for an iPhone. I already get my music wirelessly through the "M" app from Mercora, and that is the feature I look for the most in a phone (outside of the other obvious important ones); I already have what I need. No need for me for an iPhone.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.