Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Reading Between the Lines at WWDC

Re: Reading Between the Lines at WWDC
Posted by: Vern Seward 2007-06-20 05:43:17
See Full Story

If you listen to some folks who attended Apple's World Wide Developer Conference, you'd think that Steve Jobs didn't live up to his "Master Showman" title. I guess some attending expected to have their brains spontaneously explode after some "... one more thing ..." announcement. I watched the video online. While I agree that there appears to be nothing overtly mind-blowing, or even mind expanding in the keynote, from three thousand miles away, several days later, and upon closer examination, my mind is about to have a melt-down that would put the Bikini Island nuclear test to shame.

Re: Citrix
Posted by: scott122 2007-06-24 07:06:01 In reply to: Vern Seward
If this is the same Citrix that I used a few years ago, it is already available for use on Macs. I have it installed on my G4 from 3 or 4 years ago, enabling me to access the PC files and applications on the servers at work. I did not have to install any kind of virtual Windows program on my home computer, it just works (TM).
I am able to use programs like MS Office from my office, create and change files, and email without any problems. It even works with Mac OS 9!

Re: Reading Between the Lines at WWDC
Posted by: c2nn0nf0dd3r 2007-06-20 11:52:30 In reply to: Vern Seward
Remote access to a home computer is nothing new... Even from a Cell Phone or PDA, in recent years.
Go to www.getjar.com and you can find the remote access tools for your cell/pda. There is much more than just remote access at this site... Most everything there is freeware or ad-ware.
I believe the application requires Java2 ME enabled cellphone/PDA, and can connect to remote desktops using tools that work like/with the 'VNC' (www.ultravnc.com) remote desktop client/server tools.
The user will need to be able to open/forward firewall ports, and/or provide another means of finding their home PC via the web.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.