Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Who Can Kill the iPhone?

Re: Who Can Kill the iPhone?
Posted by: Anonymous 2007-06-18 05:29:04
See Full Story

To hear many wireless companies talk, the iPhone from Apple and AT&T is a welcome industry addition. It will spur interest in mobile technology and music phones, they say, while posing little competition because of its high price. However, that hasn't stopped carriers and handset makers from bracing for a fight. "iPhone killer" is the popular, behind-the-scenes term at many companies, said JupiterResearch analyst Michael Gartenberg. "There are going to be things with big screens, with touch screens, things that are media-centric, that are music-centric."

Re: Who Can Kill the iPhone?
Posted by: HoracePManure 2007-06-18 07:48:42 In reply to: Anonymous
I have currently in my office three PC's, two of which are desktops (Sony and eMachine) and the third is a Compaq laptop. All three are three years old and sitting in a corner collecting dust.
Also in my office, I have five Macs. Two blueberry iMacs each ten years old. Two G4 towers each six years old. And one MacBook recently purchased for $1200.
My point is - any Apple product I buy will outlast a similar product by seven years. That's called a RETURN ON INVESTMENT for all you geeks out there.
So this is what we've learned about the Pocket Protector types:
The concept of ROI is completely foreign.
The concept of practicality is completely foreign.
You're are deathly afraid of anything that puts you and your friends out of work at Best Buy Geek Squad employees.
Jump to: