Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iPod Lets You Download a Personal Trainer

Re: iPod Lets You Download a Personal Trainer
Posted by: Katie Reetz 2007-05-19 06:19:19
See Full Story

The revolution started with spandex and mixtapes. Exercise helped people fit into stone-washed jeans. Listening to Air Supply was pretty sweet. Music and exercise forged a symbiotic relationship -- it was a win-win. Soon after, Walkmans conquered the audio universe, and later, radio tuners appeared on athletes' biceps. Now, iPods and MP3 players outnumber treadmills. Hold on. There's a new contender banging on the gym door, and this trend offers more than motivating music.

Posted by: fitbeats 2007-05-30 11:23:51 In reply to: Katie Reetz
This idea works because people often need added motivation and guidance for working out, but can't afford a personalized trainer. What's great is that the concept is new, and is sure to get better.

Posted by: shark12er 2007-07-13 06:36:07 In reply to: fitbeats
While we can't be sure exactly what is responsible for the iPod's success, its user-friendly interface, its superb integration with Apple iTunes, and its killer marketing campaign probably had something to do with it.
Jump to:
Are you willing to pay a subscription fee to Twitter?
Yes - Twitter is an important tool for my organization. Paying for a subscription is an easy business decision for us.
Yes - I use the platform frequently and want access to every available feature.
Possibly - It depends on which features will be offered and what those will cost.
No - I will only use Twitter for services that are available free of charge.
No - I don't use Twitter for free, so I'd never consider a paid subscription.