Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Startup Banks on Big Money in Podcasting

Re: Startup Banks on Big Money in Podcasting
Posted by: Caron Schwartz Ellis 2006-04-11 12:38:46
See Full Story

Blogs, once a mysterious online phenomenon, have become so easy to produce that according to blog-tracker Technorati, there are about 30.2 million of them, and about 70,000 new blogs appear every day. Scott Converse wants to do for podcasting what Web sites like Wordpress and Blogger.com have done for blogging: Make their audio and, increasingly, video content so easy to find, choose, download and create that everyone -- from your grandmother to major corporations -- will be using them. So, in December 2004, Converse launched ClickCaster.

Re: Startup Banks on Big Money in Podcasting
Posted by: podcast411 2006-04-11 12:42:15 In reply to: Caron Schwartz Ellis
http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcast411/411_060329.mp3
Here is a link to an interview with Scott on my podcast.
He talks more about his service and podcasting. Plus a little on his past life at Apple.
Rob @ podCast411
www.podcast411.com
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.