Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   it would be their best move in hardware in many years, but needs work

it would be their best move in hardware in many years, but needs work
Posted by ronnyromero on 2010-04-20 14:39:32
In reply to Brian R. Hook
i would think this is a good move from Apple....they are growing at a pretty fas pace and they would give enough use to what AMD can offer them given the way they do their equipments and the way they have built them before they started using intel. But there is another player here, and that is NVIDIA; Apple has a strong relation with NVIDIA, strong enough to go against Intel to get their notebooks use NVIDIA even when Intel is closing them from it, and then trying to go around using legal openings. Sure, AMD is a good move given the things Apple is going for...all their major equipments would benefit from it in the long run, but their next probable upgrade for each of them will suffer from this and we would end up having a 2years delay in the next model for each of these until everything gets set. However, if Apple makes a very studied move, set with a very specific fusion project, we would see next generation plattforms in just a year, wich would not severe their common launch and updates. I would say go for it, and make it public just after everything is set to go and on track for a 12month work.

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: Analyst: Apple Could Be Weighing AMD Acquisition  Brian R. Hook  2010-04-20 12:17:26
Can AMD make Apple happy?  jescott418  2010-04-27 13:43:29
Doesn't make much sense for AMD  ET3D  2010-04-21 22:20:16
Bad move  stealth  2010-04-20 18:47:34
it would be their best move in hardware in many years, but needs work  ronnyromero  2010-04-20 14:39:32
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.