A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   GPS on iPad

GPS on iPad
Posted by Ideasinfocus on 2010-04-11 09:24:08
In reply to Rob Walch
Rob - here's a topic I'd love to see you explore in a future article. What about people who buy the 3G version of the iPad but only to take advantage of the GPS functionality? I cringe at paying an additional wireless fee, but with iPad I only have to when I absolutely need it. When I think of using the iPad as a large screen GPS unit, the extra $130 sounds like a great deal vs. buying a Tom Tom or Garmin. I understand the maps will have to be loaded natively on the iPad vs. downloaded on the fly, and there will likely be a charge for the GPS app, but for the latter, I'd be paying for that anyway. Am I missing something here? Anyone else have this same plan?

* Topic  Author  Date
Re: The iPad Makes It Hard to Resist the Temptation to Gloat  Rob Walch  2010-04-05 10:55:01
GPS on iPad  Ideasinfocus  2010-04-11 09:24:08
Jump to:
Your Name: [modify]
* Subject: [edit]
Choose Icon:

Submissions containing gratuitous promotions or advertisements
will not be posted. [Message Board and Community Rules]

* Comments:

Notify me by e-mail when someone responds to my post.

Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.