Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Move Your Contact Center Agents Home in 48 Hours
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Zorin OS Core Makes GNOME More Comfortable

Re: Zorin OS Core Makes GNOME More Comfortable
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2020-03-22 03:33:29
See Full Story

Zorin OS 15.2, released on March 8, adds an impressive selection of upgrades and improvements to an already well-oiled Linux operating system. Since its debut in July 2009 Zorin OS cofounder Artyom Zorin has hawked his distribution as an ideal Microsoft Windows replacement. That description is a strong selling point for this easier-to-use computing platform, but anyone looking for a perfect Windows replacement will be disappointed. Of course, no Linux distro can be an actual Microsoft clone -- nor should it be.

Posted by: jymm 2020-03-23 02:53:39 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
I am all for anything that makes Gnome more usable, oops, I meant more "Comfortable"!

Posted by: PrimeSuspect 2020-03-22 03:39:01 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Zorin is one of the few distros I have on my excellent list. The Lite version is lightening fast and you can replace the less interesting Xfce items such as the weather and notes apps with a Cumulus appimage and Rainlendar Lite. Iíve never been a great fan of Gnome 3 used in the Core version but appreciate a lot of distros now use this as standard so it must have quite a following. Zorin is also one of the easiest distros for average home users to setup and use. Most of what you need is already there and with some minor personal tweaking of themes for example you can quickly create your own custom desktop.
Jump to:
How has the pandemic impacted your daily life?
I'm interacting more with family and friends, off and online.
I'm consuming much more news.
I'm escaping through TV shows, movies and books.
I'm spending more time on personal and home projects.
I'm feeling isolated and anxious.
I have less time for work due to distractions.
My work is on the front lines -- I'm overwhelmed.