Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Loving Linux in a Touchscreen World

Re: Loving Linux in a Touchscreen World
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2015-01-14 08:49:00
See Full Story

Well it was a fairly quiet week here in the Linux blogosphere, as much of the mainstream tech world staggered directly out of their New Year's revelries and into the halls of CES.
Not that Linux didn't have a presence at the gargantuan show, mind you. It was there, all right -- not just in phones but in TVs, smartwatches and cars, to name just a few examples. Still, there was no denying that the mega-event left things a little more peaceful than usual for those of us who chose to stay put in the Linux blogosphere.

Posted by: Llewen 2015-01-14 18:37:12 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Isn't Windows 10 supposed to be the one OS to rule them all? Touchscreens, mouse and keyboard, interpretive dance, mind control? I think you should wait for Windows 10, pay your $200 dollars for the version that actually has some functionality, and thank the great Gods of silicone that someone out there is finally doing it right...

Posted by: PissedOffVet 2019-07-07 12:05:51 In reply to: Llewen
Don't care anything about Windooz except wish it never existed. Bill screwed CPM-86 when he plagiarized it for IBM. He should have gone to jail.
I only use older laptop systems. New is too bloated prices. Just my attitude.
I use several Panasonic convertibles and Linux touch screen is just fine.
This one is the toughbook CF-C2 with 8 GB Ram and four core Intel I-5. It rocks.

Posted by: bdantas33 2015-01-14 08:55:39 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Ubuntu would not be the only horse in the free (as in freedom) mobile OS. Replicant is already out and maturing, and fully functional if supplemented with f-droid app store and (unfortunately) the proprietary firmware required to get wifi and data antennae working: http://www.replicant.us/
Jump to:
Which type of online advertising is most likely to attract your favorable attention?
Straightforward display ads
Ads based on my interests
Informational articles on products/services
Video ads
Ads designed to grab my attention, e.g. pop-ups, autoplay
None -- I avoid all online ads