Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

LinuxInsider Talkback

ECT News Community   »   LinuxInsider Talkback   »   Re: Is It Time for Tux to Waddle Away?

Re: Is It Time for Tux to Waddle Away?
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2011-12-24 05:21:33
See Full Story

Now that Linux has reached the ripe old age of 20, it seems fair to say the software is officially "mature." Were it a human, after all, it would likely be allowed to drive by now, and maybe even to drink, too. Just as we humans tend to engage in a little self-analysis and image-updating when we reach major milestones like these -- updating ourselves to reflect who we have become, as it were -- so too, it may be time for Linux to do the same. Such, indeed, was essentially the point behind a recent open poll at Tux Radar.

Gammamauraders!
Posted by: lev_lafayette 2011-12-27 12:37:30 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
How about a penguin with a laser mounted on its head?

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic100337_md.jpg

The facts about Linux
Posted by: genes 2011-12-24 06:21:08 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
1. Freedom
2. Free
3. Community empowerment
4. Developed for the community
5. Secure
6. Green and environment friendly
7. Low acquisition and operational cost
8. Transparent
9. Inculcate the spirit of sharing
10. Solid rock data handling
11. No viruses, trojans
12. Easy to install, navigate and maintain
13. Modular
14. One store has it all
15. Runs across all platforms (embedded devices to supercomputers)
16. No blue screen of death
17. Many more
Jump to:
How will the pandemic influence your holiday shopping habits this year?
I will shop online exclusively, for my own safety and to help limit the spread of the coronavirus.
I will do some shopping online, and some in-person because I want to support merchants in my area.
I will shop online definitely, and I will consider local retailers -- but only if they provide curbside service.
I will only shop in-person because the risks associated with e-commerce outweigh my chance of catching COVID-19.
I will not do any holiday shopping this year due to circumstances related to the pandemic.