Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Apple Introduces Upgraded iPod

Re: Apple Introduces Upgraded iPod
Posted by: ECT News Desk 2004-07-19 13:05:56
See Full Story

Apple Computer on Monday introduced an upgraded version of its popular iPod digital music player, adding more features and lowering the price in a bid to ward off competition from the likes of Sony. Apple said the new model iPod features up to 12 hours of battery life, compared with 8 hours on the previous models. The new iPod also is about a millimeter thinner than the previous design and sports a different button layout and easier menus. The 20-gigabyte model, which can hold about 5,000 songs, has a list price of US$299, while the 40-gigabyte model costs $399.

Re: Apple Introduces Upgraded iPod
Posted by: dogmo1001 2004-07-19 14:46:53 In reply to: ECT News Desk
I didn't see mention of the "shuffle" feature I read about in the InfoWorld article. I love shuffles, rags, blues and... oh, wait.
Anyhow, I guess I'd just naively been assuming that iPods ALREADY had a shuffle feature. It's hard to imagine any media player without it. My first mp3 player, a 32 MB p.o.s. from around '99 or 2000 had it even though it hardly had room to hold enough to shuffle.
I was disappointed to find that the iPod didn't have a crossfade feature, but I guess that's still not universally available in even software players.
But that's a luxury compared to shuffle.
Does anyone know if the Mini has a shuffle mode?
After looking around the marketplace, I'd come to the tentative conclusion that an iPod was the way to go. While I've run into a lot of users who didn't like iTunes, I've never run into any that didn't like their iPod. At first the size of the Mini turned me off, but then I realized it had plenty of space for even a short vacation's worth of even my (rather large) hi fi VBRs and that with FW it shouldn't take too long to load it at all. And the physical size is great. Almost as small as my cellphone. But it looks like I'm still waiting for that small, practical combo phone/pda/cam/mp3player [and I nixed the cam, anyhow, since I don't want to have to leave my phone behind when I go into federal and other secure buildings].
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.