Instantly delete email threats for Office 365 » Free Offer
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Deliver winning CX every time
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Wal-Mart's Class-Action Lawsuit

Re: Wal-Mart's Class-Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Wendy Zellner 2004-06-25 11:49:51
See Full Story

In a case that could cost Wal-Mart Stores billions of dollars and further hurt its already bruised public image, a federal judge ruled on June 21 that a sex-discrimination lawsuit against the retail behemoth can proceed as a class action. The long-awaited decision means Wal-Mart faces the largest employment-discrimination action ever, covering up to 1.6 million current and former female workers. Wal-Mart says it will appeal the decision and notes that the ruling "has absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the case."

Re: Wal-Mart's Class-Action Lawsuit
Posted by: flotre2 2004-06-25 12:27:23 In reply to: Wendy Zellner
I worked for wal-mart for 12 years the frist five as a cashier than a dept. manager of electronics. after that i was promoted to a support manager, ant time a asst. manager's positions came up i applied. i was even offered a postion with loss provention(security) the store manager said i would'nt like the job even though all the shoplighter's that were caught at this store were by me. then was told maybe i should play the race thing since the new ceo was also blackand this came from the district manager, this may not help anyone but you never know. store was 292 lockhart, tx. 78644 and i was the only black person they had in mangament , there are none at this store now plus there are only 3 black's that work in the store. j. beck flotre2@yahoo.com 830-875-5382
Jump to:
How important is social media to the success of your business?
Highly -- Social media is essential to our business model.
Somewhat -- We do see benefit from social media, but without it our operations would continue.
Minimally -- We're on social media because that's expected, though it's influence on our success is negligible.
Not at All -- Social media is not useful to our business.