Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Inside the Rock-Bottom World of Overstock.com

Re: Inside the Rock-Bottom World of Overstock.com
Posted by: Elizabeth Millard 2003-11-10 09:31:41
See Full Story

Overstock.com, which offers up to 80 percent off the sticker price of items ranging from dresses to computers, has become a favorite bargain-hunting destination for many online shoppers. Yet the road was not always so smooth for the company. Unlike some of its e-commerce brethren, it did not have abundant startup money, and challenges abounded. Now, even though it has established a solid customer base, the company still is working to expand with bold initiatives. Will it manage to stay at the top, or could it end up as low as its price tags?

Re: Inside the Rock-Bottom World of Overstock.com
Posted by: Daneabe 2016-02-29 13:06:28 In reply to: Elizabeth Millard
OverStock.com has some good deals but in shopping for several items I found them to be more expensive than many other sites online. I had a list of things to buy for a project that I am working on. 3 of those things were on sale at Overstock.com that where good buys. I decided to apply for their credit card program to get interest free financing. As soon as I did and paid for my first order the prices of the things I wished to buy sky rocketed. Now when I compare products online I can almost always get things cheaper somewhere else.
Jump to:
What was your initial reaction to news of the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack?
It demonstrates that all critical infrastructure sectors are at high risk of disruption by cybercriminals.
Everyone will be paying for this attack in the form of higher energy costs.
Governments need to work more closely with private industries to protect networks for the sake of public safety.
It's a global problem. An international alliance must be formed to hold the perpetrators accountable and prevent future attacks.