Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick eBook
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: To Outsource or Not To Outsource?

Re: To Outsource or Not To Outsource?
Posted by: Lynn Ward 2003-06-17 13:22:18
See Full Story

Most CIOs at some point have asked: Should I outsource this IT project? The answer can be surprisingly complex, depending on the reasons for considering such a move. According to Gartner principal analyst Bruce Caldwell, savings achieved through outsourcing can be significant -- in the 20 to 30 percent range. However, outsourcing is not just about money. "Outsourcing purely for financial reasons is not the best bet," Greg Secord, a vice president at outsourcing heavyweight ADP, told the E-Commerce Times.

Posted by: GSzatvanyi 2008-09-29 02:36:48 In reply to: Lynn Ward
That's a very interesting topic. Actually, according to recent studies from major Big 4 auditor, 69% of all outsourcing deals fail, completely or partially. The main reason for this is lack of cultural compatibility between the vendor and the client and poor relationship management. Find more on this issue by reading this article here http://www.outsourcing-factory.com/en/stay-informed/white-papers/cultural-differences-outsourcing.html

Posted by: Outsourcevictim 2003-08-02 00:40:18 In reply to: Lynn Ward
Please send me some information on political movements and other organizations that are against the exportation of American jobs. Let me know how I can be of service to my fellow Americans. It enrages me to see an American company put hard-working, qualified American workers out of work, in the poorhouse and buried in debt just to save a few dollars. Where is the American pride? Remember the day when "Made in the USA" meant something. We need to look out for our own economy, keep our jobs domestic and provide employment opportunities to our neighbors, our friends and our brothers and sisters.
As I step down from my "Soap Box," I want to say, I only want to hear from like-minded individuals. Anyone who supports exporting American jobs, can kiss my @!#.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Posted by: rogerof 2003-06-24 02:21:07 In reply to: Lynn Ward
You should also ask yourself, "Am I an American business or simply a business located in America?" Many of the flag-waving-est companies have emptied their IT departments of faithful and skilled American workers, replacing them with foreigners and sending precious trade secrets around the globe in the process. How are they going to explain their actions to their constituencies? Or will they quietly put the flag away and hope we did not notice their glaring hypocrisy? Shouldn't we hold them accountable?
Jump to: