Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Disney Consumer Products has ecommerce jobs!

Re: Where The E-Commerce Jobs Are
Posted by: Teri Robinson 2002-10-16 14:16:31
See Full Story

Just three years ago, those interested in an e-commerce career simply had to stand around and jobs would drop into their hands like fruit falling from an overburdened apple tree. But the economy's long decline has forced many companies out of business, and many of the remaining players have slashed their staffs to the bone, making e-commerce jobs far harder to come by. Even so, there are jobs out there, though many are well hidden and take longer to land.

Posted by: Ishakalbag 2012-07-21 09:31:31 In reply to: Teri Robinson
Hey I am isha here I just wanted some help about choosing my career. Currently I am in the 10th grade, from India.
1st I wanted to know, what all types of fields can I opt for?
Also, for a good job what exactly should be my qualifications?

Thankyou,
Isha

Career oppurtunities for E-commerce
Posted by: grvignesh 2011-11-04 19:29:19 In reply to: Teri Robinson
I see that the blog has been written long before. I am planning to do an MS in E-commerce at Canada. How is the job market for E-commerce jobs currently.

Disney Consumer Products has ecommerce jobs!
Posted by: mbindy 2010-11-28 17:43:17 In reply to: Teri Robinson
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) has ecommerce jobs available! DCP extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys and home décor to books and magazines, food and beverages, stationery, electronics, and animation art. Visit jobs.dcpcareers.com to find your dream job at Disney.

Posted by: swerdna94 2002-11-26 13:34:55 In reply to: Teri Robinson
What qualifications are people looking for exactly to enter the e-commerce field? Are companies looking for certifications? How many years of experience and what type of skills are people looking for? I am currently finishing my MBA in Electronic Commerce. I'm a little concerned that it may have been in vain.

Posted by: jbguy 2003-03-03 16:23:58 In reply to: swerdna94
I am finishing up a B.S. in Business/E-Commerce. I am wondering about job availability after I graduate in October. The messages I've read sure do not put my mind at ease...

Posted by: eCommerceBrns 2002-12-04 00:44:47 In reply to: swerdna94
eCommerce/eBusiness/Internet is not dead. it's just that the hype is over and the bubble has burst. the skills attained while pursuing an eCommerce degree are valuable for every management job. i believe that these skills must be taught to get a business degree in every business school. eCommerce/eBusiness/Internet is an attitude of the new economy, and these technology skills will put one at the top. it's those who don't have these skills are at problem.

Posted by: todbodman 2002-10-16 15:41:06 In reply to: Teri Robinson
Have a M.S. in E-Commerce, relevant multi-channel marketing experience with the big guys (Gateway, Sony, etc..). Took a pay cut for an in-between job and still have trouble finding jobs-- In SoCal and Chicago!

Posted by: swerdna94 2002-11-26 13:32:31 In reply to: todbodman
I'm in the same situation. I have a bachelors in Advertising and I am currently finishing my MBA in Electronic Business. I've been looking for jobs off and on and I haven't had any responses. I'm not really sure where to look.
Jump to:
When considering an online-only dealer to purchase an automobile, which is most important to you?
30-day low price guarantee
Comprehensive and verifiable vehicle inspection policy
Extended warranty protection plan provided by the dealer
Full money back return policy with no questions asked for at least a week after delivery
The dealer has many outstanding reviews, and few or no complaints.
I would not consider buying a vehicle from an online-only dealer.