Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Time to Ring the Alarm on Tech Exec Exits?

Re: Time to Ring the Alarm on Tech Exec Exits?
Posted by: Keith Regan 2002-05-06 14:49:50
See Full Story

Here's a news story you will not be reading anytime soon: Executive X announced he was
resigning his position at Technology Co. Y because the firm couldn't afford to pay him
enough to stay. "Laying off people is no fun," X said, "and this Enron thing has everyone
worried we'll go bankrupt if our accountants don't use a Number 2 pencil to fill in the
audit sheets. Frankly, I've thought it through and decided I'm better off playing golf."
It'll never happen. But how refreshingly honest it would be.

Re: Time to Ring the Alarm on Tech Exec Exits?
Posted by: jvanp2000 2002-05-07 12:08:26 In reply to: Keith Regan
Corporate CEOs are considered captains of industry. Corporations supposedly go to great lengths to choose men of character who aren't hurting for money or too engaged in personal pursuits to persist in steering through difficult and protracted courses.
What kind of captain voluntarily resigns midvoyage, leaving the job of bringing his ship into a safe port of call, with profitable cargo intact, to someone else? Rat loyalty holds until a ship's going down. So have the requirements for being a captain changed so much that the rats now have more loyalty than the captains?
Jump to:
I am most loyal to brands that...
Give the best value for my money
Have helpful and friendly staff
Operate an easy-to-use website
Provide fast, knowledgeable responses to questions
Support causes that I believe in