Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Do Online Consumers Face Too Many Choices?

Re: Do Online Consumers Face Too Many Choices?
Posted by: Keith Regan 2002-05-02 19:37:07
See Full Story

Despite a lengthy shakeout that has thinned the ranks of e-tailers, consumers still face
a dizzying array of choices when deciding where to shop online. But the market is already
starting to become better defined. Some categories -- such as online toys, where Toysrus.com
has broken out of the pack -- have seen clear winners emerge. At the same time, however,
brick-and-mortar retailers continue to belatedly muscle onto the scene, armed with name
recognition and the multichannel experience that more and more consumers are seeking.

Re: Do Online Consumers Face Too Many Choices?
Posted by: workinghard 2002-05-03 10:23:29 In reply to: Keith Regan
Consumers have had a tremendous number of choices for many years now. There is nothing special about having 1, 2 or 2 million online stores to choose from.
Branding and the associated shopping experiences will help consumers make choices.
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.