Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

E-Commerce Times Talkback

ECT News Community   »   E-Commerce Times Talkback   »   Re: Does eBay Have The Right To Deny Access To Its Site?

Re: Does eBay Have The Right To Deny Access To Its Site?
Posted by: Chet Dembeck 2002-01-30 13:23:36
See Full Story

In an intensifying battle against specialized search services, eBay, Inc. moved last Friday to deny AuctionWatch.com access to its site.

Posted by: carol01 2003-09-06 14:01:53 In reply to: Chet Dembeck
Talking about Ebay Rights!!! They didn't worry about my right when they suspended me. I put 127 diff. fabric fat quarters on to sell. I received a vero notice on one with no reason given why the item was pulled, so I, thinking there was a problem with the title, changed the title and put the fq fabric back on...nope....the problem was the fabric itself....so I find out through email Ebay has suspended me. I emailed the Vero Member and she tells me that the fabric is illegal. Seems there is a pending lawsuit between the fabric manufacturer and the Vero Member for making a fabric that has an image of a copyright from the vero member. What about my rights? I charged on credit for fabric to get my small business going. Now I am at a loss because of something that is between 2 other companies. I bought this fabric retail. Should not the shelves have been pulled BEFORE I purchased it? I feel I have been wronged by Ebay and the Vero Member, Chalk & Vermilion.

Posted by: aberu 2002-07-23 12:21:10 In reply to: Chet Dembeck
Great article! I hadn't heard about this anywhere, and it was cool to see the issue so well covered.

Posted by: jfl21c 2002-07-20 14:18:47 In reply to: Chet Dembeck
No shoes, no shirt, no service.
Ebay has the right to deny access to their site, as would a brick-and-mortar company.
Ebay could get their lawyers to include a caption on their terms and conditions page that states:
We have to pay for our bandwidth. Therefore, if an individual, company, enterprise, etc. is using Ebay's site, and Ebay has to pay for people to visit their site, they should be able to allow access as deemed necessary or make companies abide by their TOS (but put it in legal terms).

Posted by: K2beez21 2002-01-30 13:43:47 In reply to: Chet Dembeck
I feel Ebay should be protected from Auctionwatch & others! What Auctionwatch has engaged in is unfair business. They should be allowed to view Ebay for free but their interactions should be regulated (no access to Ebay member e-mails).
Jump to:
Which of these technology gifts would you most like to receive?
Portable Power Charger
Remote Video Monitoring System
Smart Speaker
Smart Thermostat
Smart Watch
Streaming TV Player
Video Doorbell
VR Gaming Headset
WiFi Signal Booster
Wireless Earbuds / Headphones